Harsh Reality #1: Old and Fat Go Together like PB&J


So anyone who knows me knows that I have battled with my weight my entire life. Even now, I'm in the fight of my life to maintain the marginal loss of weight I recently managed. It's who I am. It's what I do.

But I have a warning for those of you who like me, are on a never-ending quest to reduce your butt size. I have learned many lessons as I have waged my endless war, and some of those lessons I will share with you, right here, on this blog. Because I'm totally a nice person.

Lesson 1 - the older you are, the harder it is to lose the weight.

So the good news? I've lost 30 pounds over the last several months.

The bad news? I've gained probably 12 of those pounds back in the last several weeks.

The good news? Oddly, my pants size has not gone back up....

The bad news? That's because I'm regaining all my weight in my stomach. True story.

Listen to me! Young women of Earth! If you are oh, say, younger than 30 and trying to get up off your ass to do something about your weight, find the strength to do it, because BELIEVE YOU ME, when the arthritis kicks in, your metabolism tells you to go screw yourself, and your belly decides to start hoarding all the fat that flows through your system for itself, the effort needed to make it happen will be MUCH greater.

Heed these warnings. I beseech thee. It's too late for me, but please! Hit the treadmill, now! Save yourselves!

0 comments: